A Statement on Privacy and Analytics
At Derby, we value our own privacy highly. As such, we respect yours in the same way. We will never collect and/or use any of your data that would reveal personal information about you. We have zero interest in this kind of collection that seems to be sadly becoming the norm in many areas of the world of software.
We add analytics to our applications for one single purpose: to better understand how our users are interacting with our software, and with the express intent of making it function better for them. We want to continue building great applications for years to come, and by seeing what you use and don’t use, and what you like and don’t like, we can better tailor our efforts to your needs. Our only goal is to make what we do better, and keep doing it so you can keep enjoying it.
We are always happy to answer any questions you may have about this topic. Rest assured, we feel the same way you do. We just wanted you to know in plain English.
Application Terms and Conditions of Use
By downloading this application, you are agreeing to be bound by these Application Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, please do not use this application.
2. Use License
a. Permission is granted to use the information or software within the The Derby Protocol’s Stringer Application for personal, non-commercial use only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
i. modify or copy the information or software;
ii. use the information or software for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
iii. attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained within The Derby Protocol’s Stringer Application;
iv. remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the information or software;
b. This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by The Derby Protocol at any time. Upon terminating your usage of this information or software or upon the termination of this license, you must delete any downloaded materials in your possession.
The information or software within The Derby Protocol’s Stringer Application makes use of analytic collection software to track the following types of metrics:
– How features are used, and how often
– How often Edit Mode is opened
– How often Related Albums is accessed
– How often Favorites are created
– How often songs are deleted
– How often Strings are saved
– How often iTunes playlists are imported
– Number of times the app is opened
– Number of songs played (in total, in a session)
– How many tracks have been skipped
– How often previous tracks are accessed
– How many users access the FAQ
– How many users rate the app
– How many users unlock the in-app purchase options
None of the collection of analytics contains or would point to any specific user data that would identify individuals. It is all gathered to measure usage and determine both where development support is allocated and the viability of future product enhancements.
The information or software within The Derby Protocol’s Stringer Application are provided “as is”. The Derby Protocol makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
In no event shall The Derby Protocol be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the information or software within The Derby Protocol’s Stringer Application. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
6. Revisions and Errata
The information or software appearing within The Derby Protocol’s Stringer Application could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. The Derby Protocol does not warrant that all of the information or software within the Stringer Application are completely accurate. The Derby Protocol may make changes to the information or software contained within the Stringer Application at any time without notice. The Derby Protocol does not, however, make any explicit commitment to update the materials.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to The Derby Protocol’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of New Jersey without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
• We will not upload any data that allows The Derby Protocol to personally identify an individual (such as certain names, Social Security numbers, email addresses, or any similar data) or data that permanently identifies a particular device (such as a unique device identifier if such an identifier cannot be reset), even in hashed form.
• We will protect all analytical information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
• We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of collected analytical information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality collected analytical information is protected and maintained.